Join AGA President Bishr Omary, MD, PhD, for his inaugural Town Hall with the AGA President. The virtual event will take place on Monday, July 13, at 11 a.m. ET.
Our first Town Hall will include special guests Byron Cryer, MD, and Sandra Quezada, MD, MS, leaders of the AGA Equity Project taskforce, for an open discussion on AGA’s action plan to combat racism and health disparities in gastroenterology. As we announced last week, the AGA Equity Project taskforce’s multi-year strategic plan seeks to achieve the following aims:
- A just world free of health disparities in digestive diseases and free of inequities in access and effective health care delivery.
- State-of-the-art and well-funded research that aligns with the realities of the current multicultural patient population and disease states to achieve health equity for all.
- A world where it is expected and normal that both members and society leadership structures are diverse, and people of color and women are included in organizational decision-making.
- Recognition of accomplishments of diverse leaders. In addition, all leaders recognize, inspire and cultivate the next generation of prominent, diverse leaders.
- An engaged AGA membership and staff educated about unconscious bias and committed to the eradication of racism and prejudice towards patients, colleagues, and communities.
- The existence of a diverse, culturally and socially aware, large and vocal early career membership that leads the field towards achieving the vision.
Register today for the Town Hall with the AGA President Bishr Omary on Monday, July 13, at 11 a.m. ET.