We promised to keep in touch as plans for distance learning came together. After much consideration, Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) 2020 will not host a virtual meeting with invited-speaker sessions. With the attention of many speakers diverted to the important work of combating the COVID-19 crisis we aren’t able to produce a high-quality virtual event.
We do look forward to sharing some DDW content in the following ways:
- The DDW ePosters and ePapers site launches May 2 and will feature free access to all accepted abstracts. Content will be released following the original embargo schedule (9:30 a.m. CDT on day of originally scheduled presentation), and the online portal will be available at no charge to access at your convenience.
- Accepted abstracts will publish as planned in the May online supplements to Gastroenterology and GIE: Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
- A virtual DDW Career Fair is being planned for June 3, 1-4 p.m. EDT.
- A site for you to search exhibitors using filters will launch on May 2.
- Separately, AGA is working on alternative formats for our 2020 Postgraduate Courses and will communicate updates in the coming weeks.
The FAQs are updated to reflect new questions you may have. If there is something not answered, please submit a ticket to our help desk. This will help direct your question to the appropriate person and expedite a response.
We can’t wait to see you again next year at DDW 2021, May 22-25 in Washington, DC, where we will continue the tradition of bringing the digestive disease community together for four days of the best science, education and networking.
Thank you for your patience as AGA, AASLD, ASGE and SSAT, together with the DDW Council, made this decision.