AGA has released a new special issue of Gastroenterology, Entering the Era of Disease Modification in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). Edited by Drs. Alisa L. Hart and David T. Rubin, the issue includes selected articles on disease characterization, evolving treatment goals, disease assessment, monitoring and treatment.
Here are a few standout articles:
- How Do We Predict a Patient’s Disease Course and Whether They Will Respond to Specific Treatments?
- Colorectal Cancer Screening in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases—Can Characterization of GI Microbiome Signatures Enhance Neoplasia Detection?
- Evolving Short- and Long-Term Goals of Management of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases: Getting It Right, Making It Last
- Is Prevention the Best Way to Modify Inflammatory Bowel Disease? How Close Are We?
- Point-of-Care Testing and Home Testing: Pragmatic Considerations for Widespread Incorporation of Stool Tests, Serum Tests, and Intestinal Ultrasound
- Artificial Intelligence for Disease Assessment in Inflammatory Bowel Disease: How Will it Change Our Practice?
- Optimizing Therapies Using Therapeutic Drug Monitoring: Current Strategies and Future Perspectives
- The Future of Precision Medicine to Predict Outcomes and Control Tissue Remodeling in Inflammatory Bowel Disease
View the full table of contents of the special issue: Entering the Era of Disease Modification in Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Gastroenterology.