As the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approves new biosimilar drugs, more patients will have questions about the treatment for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
AGA wants to help patients better understand biosimilar drugs and who should take them. Share the AGA Patient Education Section in the January 2020 issue of Clinical Gastroenterology & Hepatology on biosimilars.
Help your patients understand all their IBD treatment options by sharing “What patients need to know about living with IBD” in the AGA GI Patient Center.
Share AGA patient education on your practice website or social media channels and tag @AmerGastroAssn.
Education for patients
- AGA GI Patient Center: English; Spanish
- Patient brochure: What are biologics and biosimilars? A guide for patients living with IBD
Order free copies of the brochure.
- Video: What are biologics and biosimilar drugs?
- Video: ¿Qué son los Medicamentos Biológicos y Biosimilares?
Education for providers
- On demand webinars
- Meeting report: AGA Biosimilars Roundtable
- Clinical practice update: Switching between biologics and biosimilars in IBD
- Physician’s pocket guide: Understanding biologics and biosimilars