Membership is open to persons residing in North America who have demonstrated a continued interest in gastroenterology with appropriate qualifications, certification and/or credentials, and would not be eligible for any other category of membership.
Note: If you are a nurse practitioner or physician assistant, find out about AGA’s specific membership options for you.
Application Fee: $40
Stay up to date with the latest GI news and research.
- Gastroenterology: Leading monthly journal in the field of GI.
- Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology (CGH): Official monthly clinical practice journal of the AGA Institute.
- Techniques and Innovations in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (TIGE): Online peer-reviewed journal publishing a comprehensive overview of clinical conditions and gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures.
- GI & Hepatology News: Official newspaper of the AGA Institute providing commentary about clinical developments and the impact of health care policy.
- AGA eDigest: Weekly e-newsletter covering important topics and news from the AGA Institute.
- Today in Medicine: Daily news feed featuring the day’s top headlines.
Connect and engage with colleagues who share your passions and face similar challenges.
- AGA Community: A private, member-only forum, directory and resource library.
- Section affiliations: Thirteen special interest groups. AGA members can join up to six.
- Committees: Groups of volunteer members assigned a mission and set of responsibilities associated with a particular area within the association. You must apply or be nominated for a committee appointment.
- GICareerSearch.com: AGA Institute’s premier online career center to fill or find a position.
- Social media: Interact with AGA through a variety of social networks.
- Digestive Disease Week® (DDW): The world’s largest gathering of GI professionals and one of the top 50 medical meetings.
- AGA Postgraduate Course: AGA Institute’s flagship educational course covering both basic science and clinical topics.
- DDSEP®: A diverse learning platform that allows you to prepare for the GI board exam, assess your knowledge and keep current on GI advances.
- AGA University: Your home for in-person meetings, webinars and other educational tools designed to help you stay current with advances in the GI field.
- Practice updates: Throughout the year, AGA publishes guidance to help you provide the most up-to-date, evidence-based care for your patients on a variety of gastroenterological conditions, treatments and procedures.
- RxUniverseTM: Digital toolkit improving patient care and efficiency in the practice of GI and endoscopy.
Save money by taking advantage of special promotions through AGA’s affinity partners.
- UpToDate® is the online, continuously updated clinical-decision support resource that gastroenterologists trust to for reliable clinical answers. Learn more about the exclusive offer for AGA members.
- SupportedPatientTM: A new AGA member benefit that helps connect your patients with complementary providers, such as psychotherapists, dietitians and pain management specialists.