Nurses & Allied Health Professionals
Membership is open to persons residing in North America who have demonstrated a continued interest in gastroenterology with appropriate qualifications, certification and/or credentials (i.e. LPN, RN, MS, MSN, BA, BS, BSN, RD, RDN, PharmD), and would not be eligible for any other category of membership (i.e. nutritionist, dietitian, etc.).
Note: If you are a nurse practitioner or physician assistant, find out about AGA’s specific membership options for you.
Optional add-on benefit: Gastroenterology for $182/year
Application fee: $40
Stay up to date with the latest GI news and research.
- Gastroenterology: (discount for members) Leading monthly journal in the field of GI.
- Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology (CGH): Official monthly clinical practice journal of the AGA Institute.
- Gastro Hep Advances: is a broad-scope, online, open access journal that publishes papers on basic, clinical and translational gastroenterology and hepatology.
- Techniques and Innovations in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (TIGE): Online, peer-reviewed journal publishing a comprehensive overview of clinical conditions and gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures.
- GI & Hepatology News: Official newspaper of the AGA Institute providing commentary about clinical developments and the impact of health care policy.
- Cellular and Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology (CMGH): Online open-access, peer-reviewed journal publishing cutting-edge digestive biology research.
- AGA eDigest: Weekly e-newsletter covering important topics and news from the AGA Institute.
- Today in Medicine: Daily news feed featuring the day’s top headlines.
Connect and engage with colleagues who share your passions and face similar challenges.
- AGA Community: A private, member-only forum, directory and resource library.
- Section affiliations: Thirteen special interest groups. AGA members can join up to six.
- Committees: Groups of volunteer members assigned a mission and set of responsibilities associated with a particular area within the association. You must apply or be nominated for a committee appointment.
- GICareerSearch.com: AGA Institute’s premier online career center to fill or find a position.
- Social media: Interact with AGA through a variety of social networks.
Improve your skill set with access to a variety of educational opportunities offered free or at a discount.
- Digestive Disease Week® (DDW): The world’s largest gathering of GI professionals and one of the top 50 medical meetings.
- AGA Postgraduate Course: AGA Institute’s flagship educational course covering both basic science and clinical topics.
- DDSEP®: A diverse learning platform that allows you to prepare for the GI board exam, assess your knowledge and keep current on GI advances.
- AGA University: Your home for in-person meetings, webinars and other educational tools designed to help you stay current with advances in the GI field.
Thrive in the new world of accountable care.
- Clinical guidelines: Evidence-based recommendations that help guide clinical practice decisions. Also available as a mobile app.
- AGA GI Patient Center: A collection of patient education materials to enhance patient understanding and the care you provide. Members are listed in the online directory of gastroenterologists and dietitians.
- AGA’s Clinical Practice Updates: Throughout the year, AGA publishes guidance to help you provide the most up-to-date, evidence-based care for your patients on a variety of gastroenterological conditions, treatments and procedures.
- RxUniverseTM: Digital toolkit improving patient care and efficiency in the practice of GI and endoscopy.