Accepting Applications Now
AGA-Moti L. & Kamla Rustgi International Travel Award applicants must be active members of AGA and be sponsored by an international AGA member in good standing. Please request your sponsor’s membership number to submit with your application. Visit the AGA membership page or call 301-654-2055 for membership information.
The objective of this AGA Research Foundation award is to stimulate interest in gastroenterology and hepatology research careers among young investigators outside of North American institutions by providing recognition for exceptional abstracts accepted by AGA for presentation at DDW.
- Applicants must hold an MD and/or PhD degree or equivalent degree (e.g. MB, ChB, MBBS, DO).
- Applicants must be 35 years of age or younger at the time of DDW.
- Applicants must be fluent in English.
- Applicants residing in North America are ineligible for this award.
- Applicants must be the first author of an abstract or the designated speaker of an oral presentation accepted by AGA for presentation at DDW.
- Applicants must be members of AGA. Please visit the AGA membership page or call 301-654-2055 for membership information.
- Applicants who are physician-scientists, female or from racial/ethnic groups underrepresented in biomedical research are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants may only submit one abstract for consideration.
- Abstracts must have been submitted to, and accepted by, AGA for presentation at DDW.
- A copy of the notification from AGA confirming acceptance of the abstract for oral or poster presentation at DDW must be submitted with the application.
- Applicants must be first or presenting author of the abstract/oral session. No exceptions are allowed.
- Applicants must submit a resume, curriculum vitae or NIH biographical sketch with their application.
- Each applicant must be sponsored by an AGA member outside of North America who is in good standing at the time of application submission.
A selection committee comprising members of the AGA Institute Research Awards Panel will review applications and select the award recipients.
The application deadline is Feb. 22, 2022. Applications must be submitted through the AGA Grants Management System and will not be accepted via mail, fax or email. Click the “Apply Now” button to create an account and/or apply. Applicants may preview the application as it will appear in the AGA Grants Management System. Please note that this preview is for reference only; all applications must be completed online by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
AGA gratefully acknowledges Anil Rustgi, MD, and Vinod Rustgi, MD, for their support of this program.