Membership is open to any student residing in North America (U.S., Canada or Mexico) who have one of the following degrees or certifications: BA or BS and are enrolled in medical school or PhD candidates. Applicant must include an attestation from the dean of students, medical director or another appropriate certifying office. Those who have obtained an MD or equivalent is not eligible for this category.
Application Fee: Free
Stay up to date with the latest GI news and research.
- Gastro Hep Advances: is a broad-scope, online, open access journal that publishes papers on basic, clinical and translational gastroenterology and hepatology.
- Techniques and Innovations in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (TIGE): Online peer-reviewed journal publishing a comprehensive overview of clinical conditions and gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures.
- GI & Hepatology News: Official newspaper of the AGA Institute providing commentary about clinical developments and the impact of health care policy.
- Cellular and Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology (CMGH): Online open-access, peer-reviewed journal publishing cutting-edge digestive biology research.
- AGA eDigest: Weekly e-newsletter covering important topics and news from the AGA Institute.
- The New Gastroenterologist: A quarterly supplement to GI & Hepatology News that focuses on the needs of early career GIs.
- Today in Medicine: Daily news feed featuring the day’s top headlines.
- Research and Travel Awards: Find nearly $2 million in research funding to encourage basic, clinical and translational discovery in GI and hepatology.
- AGA University: Your home for in-person meetings, webinars and other educational tools designed to help you stay current with advances in the GI field.
- U.S. Gastroenterology Training Programs Database: A geographical listing of accredited training programs.
- National Residency Matching Program (NRMP): The NRMP provides an impartial venue for matching applicants’ and programs’ preferences for each other consistently, allowing a uniform date of appointment to positions in graduate medical education in the United States.
- Electronic Residency Application Service: This tool provides an efficient system of managing and transmitting your residency application.
- GICareerSearch.com: AGA Institute’s premier online career center to fill or find a position.
- Digestive Disease Week ® (DDW): The world’s largest gathering of GI professionals and one of the top 50 medical meetings — includes the AGA Trainee and early career GI track.