Membership is open to persons who have one of the following degrees or certifications: BA or BS and are enrolled in medical school or PhD candidates. Applicant must include an attestation from the dean of students, medical director or another appropriate certifying office.
Application fee: Free
Stay up to date with the latest GI news and research.
- Gastro Hep Advances: is a broad-scope, online, open access journal that publishes papers on basic, clinical and translational gastroenterology and hepatology.
- Techniques and Innovations in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (TIGE): Online peer-reviewed journal publishing a comprehensive overview of clinical conditions and gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures.
- GI & Hepatology News: Official newspaper of the AGA Institute providing commentary about clinical developments and the impact of health care policy.
- Cellular and Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology (CMGH): Online open-access, peer-reviewed journal publishing cutting-edge digestive biology research.
- AGA eDigest: Weekly e-newsletter covering important topics and news from the AGA Institute.
- The New Gastroenterologist: A quarterly supplement to GI & Hepatology News that focuses on the needs of early career GIs.
- Today in Medicine: Daily news feed featuring the day’s top headlines.
Connect and engage with colleagues who share your passions and face similar challenges.
Advance your career with professional development opportunities.
- Research and Travel Awards: Find nearly $2 million in research funding to encourage basic, clinical and translational discovery in GI and hepatology.
- AGA University: Your home for in-person meetings, webinars and other educational tools designed to help you stay current with advances in the GI field.
Supplement your education and prepare for a future in gastroenterology.
- U.S. Gastroenterology Training Programs Database: A geographical listing of accredited training programs.
- National Residency Matching Program (NRMP): The NRMP provides an impartial venue for matching applicants’ and programs’ preferences for each other consistently, allowing a uniform date of appointment to positions in graduate medical education in the United States.
- Electronic Residency Application Service: This tool provides an efficient system of managing and transmitting your residency application.
- GICareerSearch.com: AGA Institute’s premier online career center to fill or find a position.
- Digestive Disease Week ® (DDW): The world’s largest gathering of GI professionals and one of the top 50 medical meetings — includes the AGA Trainee and early career GI track.