Physicians & Scientists Outside of North America
- A physician or scientist with a faculty appointment in gastroenterology.
- Published articles clearly related to gastroenterology in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Completed an analogous postgraduate training program outside of North America in gastroenterology.
- A demonstrated professional commitment to gastroenterology, such as through membership in a national society with a special interest in peer-reviewed gastroenterology, specialized practice or function in gastroenterology, research, participation in training of physicians in gastroenterology, or other evidence as may be applicable.
Application Fee: $40 | $25 | $25
AGA offers GI physicians and scientists the option to join as an International Member to receive journals by mail and online or if residing in certain countries (based on World Bank Country Classification) the option to join as an International Corresponding Member for reduced dues and to receive AGA journals online-only. There is also the option to become an International Affiliate Member for only $40 per year.
Corresponding members receive the same benefits as international members with the exception that journal subscriptions are online only.
AGA is dedicated to providing resources for gastroenterologists around the world. As part of this mission, we introduced a new international tiered dues structure that gives members in developing countries access to full international membership benefits at a reduced rate.
The reduced dues eligibility is determined using the World Bank’s country classifications. The list of eligible countries is updated annually prior to billing for the upcoming year’s dues.
If your country of residence is listed below, you are eligible to choose from the following membership types:
International Corresponding Membership
- Category I – $205*
- Category II – $55*
Residents of Mexico please view your options.
* Application fee ($25) is nonrefundable.
Category I — Countries in International Corresponding Member
|Belarus||Iran||St. Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Bosnia and Herzego||Jamaica||Thailand|
Category II — Countries in International Corresponding Member
|Armenia||India||Sao Tome & Principe|
|Bolivia||Korea, Dem. Rep.||Solomon Islands|
|Burkina Faso||Kyrqyz Republic||Somalia|
|Cameroon||Madagascar||Syrian Arab Republic|
|Cent. African Republic||Malawi||Tajikstan|
|Congo, Dem. Rep.||Micronesia||Togo|
|Gambia||Niger||West Bank & Gaza|
|Guinea||Papua New Guinea||Zimbabwe|
- Gastroenterology: $376/year
- Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology: $85/year
Stay up to date with the latest GI news and research.
- Gastroenterology*: Leading monthly journal in the field of GI.
- Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology (CGH): Official monthly clinical practice journal of the AGA Institute.
- Cellular and Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology (CMGH): A digital-only journal for digestive biology research.
- Techniques and Innovations in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (TIGE): Online open-access, peer-reviewed journal publishing a comprehensive overview of clinical conditions and gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures.
- GI & Hepatology News: Official newspaper of the AGA Institute providing commentary about clinical developments and the impact of health care policy.
- The New Gastroenterologist: A quarterly supplement to GI & Hepatology News that focuses on the needs of early career GIs.
- AGA eDigest: Weekly e-newsletter covering important topics and news from the AGA Institute.
- Today in Medicine: Daily news feed featuring the day’s top headlines.
*Note: Online subscriptions for international members, category I & II. Subscriptions not included for international affiliate members (available for purchase at a discount).
Connect and engage with colleagues who share your passions and face similar challenges.
- AGA Community: a private, members-only forum, directory and resource library.
- Section affiliations: Thirteen special interest groups. AGA members can join up to six.
- Committees: Groups of volunteer members assigned a mission and set of responsibilities associated with a particular area within the association. You must apply or be nominated for a committee appointment.
- Academy of Educators: The home for educators within AGA.
- Social media: Interact with AGA through a variety of social networks.
- AGA website: Access members-only resources and stay connected all day, every day.
- AGA Young Delegates: A group of engaged GIs gaining experience through work on short-term AGA initiatives.
Improve your skill set with access to a variety of educational opportunities offered free or at a discount.
- Digestive Disease Week® (DDW): The world’s largest gathering of GI professionals and one of the top 50 medical meetings.
- AGA Postgraduate Course: AGA Institute’s flagship educational course covering both basic science and clinical topics.
- DDSEP®: A diverse learning platform that allows you to prepare for the GI board exam, assess your knowledge and keep current on GI advances.
- AGA University: Your home for in-person meetings, webinars and other educational tools designed to help you stay current with advances in the GI field.
- UpToDate® is the online, continuously updated clinical-decision support resource that gastroenterologists trust to for reliable clinical answers. Learn more about the exclusive offer for AGA members.
Join AGA and Save
|GI & Hepatology News||-$230|
|Total Savings: $2,650|
|Israel||69||Republic of Korea||57||Thailand||57|
|South Africa||16||Portugal||14||United Arab Emirates||14|
|Brunei Darussalam||2||Bulgaria||2||Costa Rica||2|
|Bermuda||1||Bosnia and Herzegovina||1||Botswana||1|
|Slovakia||1||Trinidad and Tobago||1||Uzbekistan||1|