Your patients likely have a lot of questions about biologics and biosimilars. To help you support your patients, the AGA GI Patient Center has released a new brochure entitled “Biologic and biosimilar medicines: What you need to know.” The new brochure includes interactive elements like quizzes, medication sheets, symptom tracker and the option of audibly listening to the pages.
The brochure provides patients with:
- An overview of the immune system.
- Background on immune-mediated conditions.
- Biologics and biosimilars: What are they?
- Information on biosimilars and generics.
- Safety of biologics and biosimilars.
- Cost of biologics and biosimilars.
- The importance of adhering to their treatment plan.
- Tips to start the conversation with their provider.
Share this new resource with your patients by printing, linking from your practice website or emailing the link to your patients. Visit the AGA GI Patient Center page dedicated to biosimilars for more.
AGA members will also receive print copies. You can also order additional copies for your practice at www.agaresources.com/order_biosimilars.php.
The “Biologic and biosimilar medicines: What you need to know” brochure was reviewed by Jami Kinnucan, MD, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and Rajeev Jain, MD, AGAF, AGA Patient Education Advisor, Texas Digestive Disease Consultants, Dallas.
This brochure was funded by an independent medical education grant from Pfizer Inc.