Join us Monday, Nov. 9, at 7:30 p.m. EST for GI Fellows & Postdocs: How to Navigate Your Career Options. Join this free Zoom webinar to hear career advice from leaders in community practice and academic settings. We have saved time for discussion, so bring your career questions, which can be asked anonymously.
Here’s the lineup:
- Remarks from our president: Bishr Omary, MD, AGAF, is thrilled to connect directly with AGA’s fellow and early career members.
- Resources for AGA’s early career members: Peter Liang, MD, MPH, will share resources and opportunities for early career GIs.
- Advice from leaders in community practice: Lawrence S. Kim, MD, AGAF, partner at South Denver Gastroenterology, P.C., and Michael Weinstein, MD, AGAF, president and CEO of Capital Digestive Care, will share tips for a successful career in private practice.
- Guidance on career opportunities in academic practice: Kim E. Barrett, PhD, AGAF, distinguished professor of medicine at University of California, San Diego, Lin Chang, MD, AGAF, professor of medicine and GI division vice chief at University of California, Los Angeles, and Nicholas O. Davidson, MD, D.Sc, AGAF, professor of medicine and GI division chief at Washington University School of Medicine at Saint Louis, will highlight different tracks within academic medicine.
- Q&A: Ask AGA leadership your questions.
Register today for the GI Fellows & Postdocs: How to Navigate Your Career Options on Monday, Nov. 9, at 7:30 p.m. EST
This town hall kicks off AGA’s Career Development Workshop series, which helps trainees and early career gastroenterologists build skills that training programs don’t teach. The next webinar in the series is How to evaluate a job in 2021 on Wednesday, Nov. 18, at 8 p.m. EST. Watch for more great career webinars to be released monthly.