Join Carol E. Semrad, MD, AGAF, University of Chicago Medicine, and Christina A. Tennyson, MD, Augusta Health Gastroenterology, for the Sept. 22, noon EDT, Gastro Bites: Celiac Disease Update as they provide the latest in diagnosing and treating celiac disease.
- Clinical presentations of celiac disease and who is at highest risk.
- Making a secure diagnosis of celiac disease:
- Pitfalls with duodenal biopsy.
- Difficulty when a gluten-free diet is started before diagnosis.
- Can adults forgo biopsy if high positive TTG IgA antibody?
- Education on a gluten free diet and monitoring (importance of working with dietitian).
- “Cancer Risk in 47,241 Individuals With Celiac Disease: A Nationwide Cohort Study” (recent paper by Benjamin Lebwohl, MD, AGAF and Jonas F. Ludvigsson, MD, PhD, etc. in Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology).
- Future therapies.
Don’t miss today’s, Aug. 26, noon EDT, Gastro Bites session Moving Forward with Gastroparesis.
Save the dates for two October Gastro Bites sessions
We’ll have two Gastro Bites sessions in October. One on Thursday, Oct. 14, at noon EDT, and one on Wednesday, Oct. 27, at noon EDT.
- Join Bertha E. Toriz, MD, AGAF, Minnesota Gastroenterology, and Miguel H. Malespin, MD, Tampa General Hospital, for the Oct. 14 session on National Hispanic Heritage Month.
- The Oct. 27 session will cover alcohol liver disease and will be led by Richard K. Sterling, MD, AGAF, Virginia Commonwealth University, William R. Hutson, MD, AGAF, West Virginia University, Jessica L. Mellinger, MD, University of Michigan, and Amon Asgharpour, MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine.