COVID-19 and Clostridioides difficile infection (CDI) not only share some of the same at-risk populations – the elderly, hospitalized patients and those with weakened immune systems – but have similar GI manifestations as well.
Because symptoms of CDI can complicate a diagnosis of COVID-19, renewed interest must be given to CDI during this pandemic.
Explore our on-demand program, A Gut Check: Altering the GI Microbiome to Fight the C. diff Invasion, to learn how to identify and treat mild to moderate CDI based on a variety of risk factors and evidence-based approaches.
Seven 30-minute modules provide bite-sized content and up to 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM:
- Overcoming Challenges in the Management of Recurrent C. diff Infection
- Case Study: A 65-Year-Old Man With a History of CDI and Compromised Immunity
- Optimal Strategies for the Prevention and Treatment of C. difficile Infection
- Case Study: A 77-Year-Old Male Patient With a History of Multiple Chronic Diseases Develops Diarrhea
- Insights Into the Identification and Prevention of C. diff Infection
- Case Study: 47-Year-Old Female Patient With Diarrhea and Suspected C. diff Infection
- Keeping Current on the Management of C. diff Infection: Pearls for Practice