The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have released proposed payment rules for physician services and facility fees for calendar year 2024. The GI societies are disappointed and concerned to see a proposed cut to reimbursement. Watch for alerts on our advocacy efforts and how you can help.
The proposed rules also included positive news, including increased facility fees, new codes to increase health equity and telemedicine reimbursement.
Six takeaways for GI
For more information, see the GI societies’ summaries: Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) and Medicare Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) & Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC).
CY 2024 Medicare Proposed Physician Payment Charts
CMS Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule and Fact Sheets
- 2024 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule
- 2024 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule Fact Sheet
CY 2024 Medicare Proposed Hospital Outpatient and ASC Payment Charts
- 2024 Proposed Medicare Hospital Outpatient Payments
- 2024 Proposed Medicare Hospital Outpatient Payments for Top 10 GI codes
- 2024 Proposed Medicare ASC Payments
- 2024 Proposed Medicare ASC Payments for Top 10 GI codes
CMS Hospital Outpatient and ASC Proposed Rule and Fact Sheets