If you participated in MIPS in 2018, your performance feedback, which includes your MIPS final score and payment adjustment factor(s), are now available for review on the Quality Payment Program website. The MIPS payment adjustment you will receive in 2020 is based on your final score. A positive, negative, or neutral payment adjustment will be applied to the Medicare paid amount for covered professional services furnished under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule in 2020
If a practice or individual physician believes CMS issued an incorrect 2020 MIPS final score or payment adjustment factor, the deadline to submit a Targeted Review for the 2018 Performance Period is Sept. 30, 2019 at 8pm EDT.
- You can access your MIPS final score and performance feedback and request a targeted review by:
- Going to the Quality Payment Program website.
- Logging in using your HCQIS Access Roles and Profile System (HARP) credentials; these are the same credentials that allowed you to submit your MIPS data. Please refer to the QPP Access User Guide for additional details, including if you do not have a HARP account or role.
- The following are examples of circumstances in which you may wish to request a targeted review:
- Errors or data quality issues for the measures and activities you submitted.
- Eligibility and special status issues (e.g., you fall below the low-volume threshold and should not have received a payment adjustment).
- Being erroneously excluded from the APM participation list and not being scored under the APM scoring standard.
Don’t delay. Check your 2018 MIPS final score now and request a targeted review by Monday, Sept. 30, at 8pm EDT if you think the score is incorrect.