Applications for the second annual AGA-Aman Armaan Ahmed Family Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) are now open!
Designed to inspire your students and support their dreams of a career in science and medicine, this 10-week program offers invaluable hands-on research experience and mentorship by some of the most renowned GI experts in the field.
Last year, we received an overwhelming number of applications and are pleased to offer this opportunity once again to six promising students from traditionally underrepresented groups:
- Racial and ethnic groups: African Americans or Blacks, Native Alaskans, Native Americans, Native U.S. Pacific Islanders, and those of Hispanic origin.
- Individuals with disabilities.
- Individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds, i.e., those meeting two or more of the following criteria:
- Current or former homeless.
- Those who were in the foster care system.
- Those who were eligible for the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program for two or more years.
- First generation college students.
- Those who were or are currently eligible for Federal Pell grants.
- Those who received support from the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children.
- Those who grew up in a U.S. rural area according to the Health Resources and Services Administration or a Low-Income and Health Professional Shortage Area according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
This is an incredible program and we need your help! Please share this opportunity with your networks and encourage eligible undergraduate students to apply by Jan. 12, 2022.