Research Service Award
Established in 2006, this recognition prize honors an individual who has significantly advanced gastroenterological science and research through dedicated efforts.
Established in 2006, the Research Service Award recognizes an individual who has significantly advanced digestive disease science and research.
- Only members of the AGA Governing Board may nominate individuals for consideration.
- Elected officials and individuals in the public and private sectors are eligible.
- AGA membership is not required of the nominee.
- The recipient is selected by the AGA Recognition Prizes Panel constituting members of the AGA Diversity Committee, AGA Institute Clinical Guidelines Committee, AGA Institute Education and Training Committee, AGA Institute Practice Management and Economics Committee, and AGA Institute Research Policy Committee.
- The AGA Governing Board ratifies the recipient.
Nominations are reviewed according to the eligibility criteria listed above and the following review and selection criteria. Nominees:
- Have dedicated extraordinary effort to advocating for the advancement of digestive disease science and research.
- Have demonstrably advanced the field through contributions that elevated the profile of digestive disease research through, for example:
- Elevating the stature of science with state or federal legislatures or officials.
- Increasing federal funding or carve-outs for digestive research.
- Enhancing the rigor or thoughtfulness of review processes.
- Long-term efforts to improve local or national research infrastructure.
The prize is not awarded annually and only when a noteworthy individual is nominated.
The recipient is recognized at the AGA Awards Ceremony during Digestive Disease Week®.
Only current members of the AGA Governing Board are eligible to submit nominations for this recognition prize. Nomination packages are submitted to AGA award staff via email to [email protected].
Complete nomination packages include the following supporting materials in PDF format. Please title the files using the nominee’s last name, first initial and the type of file (i.e., DoeJ_Letter.pdf, DoeJ_CV.pdf).
- A nomination letter, not to exceed two pages, signed by the primary nominator and additional AGA Governing Board members who support the nomination. Additional signature pages beyond the two-page limit are allowed when the letter has multiple signatures.
- Where appropriate, the nominee’s curriculum vitae or a listing of accomplishments relevant to the prize.
Please direct all questions about this and other AGA recognition awards to 301-941-2619 or via email at [email protected].
|David Saslowsky, PhD
|Griffin Rodgers, MD
|Peter Perrin, PhD
|Ann G. Zauber, PhD, AGAD
|Jay H. Hoofnagle, MD
|Jose Serrano, MD, PhD
|Stephen P. James, MD
|James E. Everhart, MD, MPH
|Michael K. May, PhD
|Judith M. Podskalny, PhD
|Mushtaq A. Khan, DVM, PhD
|Frank A. Hamilton, MD