Membership is open to any medical resident residing in North America (U.S., Canada, or Mexico) who is continuing formal training in medicine; or any scientist, researcher or student with a post baccalaureate degree who is pursuing a full-time postgraduate degree or program of study concentrating in medicine. Applicant must include an attestation from the program director, medical director or another appropriate certifying office.
Application Fee: Free
Stay up to date with the latest GI news and research.
- Gastroenterology: (Online access only) Leading monthly journal in the field of GI.
- Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology (CGH): (Online access only) Official monthly clinical practice journal of the AGA Institute.
- Gastro Hep Advances: is a broad-scope, online, open access journal that publishes papers on basic, clinical and translational gastroenterology and hepatology.
- GI & Hepatology News: Official newspaper of the AGA Institute providing commentary about clinical developments and the impact of health care policy.
- Techniques and Innovations in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (TIGE): Online, peer-reviewed journal publishing a comprehensive overview of clinical conditions and gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures.
- Cellular and Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology (CMGH): a digital-only journal for digestive biology research.
- The New Gastroenterologist: A quarterly supplement to GI & Hepatology News that focuses on the needs of early career GIs.
- AGA eDigest: Weekly e-newsletter covering important topics and news from the AGA Institute.
- Today in Medicine: Daily news feed featuring the day’s top headlines.
Improve your skill set with access to a variety of educational opportunities offered free or at a discount.
- Clinical practice guidelines: Complimentary access to evidence-based clinical recommendations.
- Digestive Disease Week® (DDW): The world’s largest gathering of GI professionals and one of the top 50 medical meetings.
- AGA Postgraduate Course: AGA Institute’s flagship educational course covering both basic science and clinical topics.
- AGA University: Your home for in-person meetings, webinars and other educational tools designed to help you stay current with advances in the GI field.
Advance your career with a variety of professional development opportunities.
- Publish with AGA: Submit your research for publication in AGA’s premier journals and your abstracts for consideration for presentation at DDW. AGA members also save on publication fees for AGA’s digital journal, Cellular and Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology (CMGH).
- Research and Travel Awards: Find more than million in research funding to encourage basic, clinical and translational discovery in GI and hepatology.
- GICareerSearch.com: AGA Institute’s premier online career center to fill or find a position.
Raise your voice on Capitol Hill with AGA advocacy and the AGA PAC.
- Mission: Work closely with government and regulatory agencies to ensure the needs of GIs are being met.
- Agenda: Develops and implements a rigorous public policy agenda, including issues relating to all aspects of GI.
- AGA PAC: The only political action committee supported by a national gastroenterology society.