Liver & Biliary
Members interested in participating in the activities of the AGA Insititute Council Liver & Biliary Section should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are especially interested in increasing participation of junior investigators, clinicians and international members.
Mission Statement and FOCI
The AGA Insititute Council Liver & Biliary Section is dedicated to advancing the science and clinical practice of gastroenterology by providing leadership in topics central to the epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic hepatobiliary diseases. The section is focused on providing state-of-the-art programming in all aspects of clinical, translational and basic science research as it relates to liver disease and transplantation. It is the second largest section in the AGA Council, and collaborates with multiple AGA sections and the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) in offering abstract-driven sessions at Digestive Disease Week® (DDW).
Areas of focus
- Epidemiology and natural history of chronic viral hepatitis
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic viral hepatitis
- Alcoholic liver disease including alcoholic hepatitis
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease including nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
- Cholelithiasis and biliary tract disorders
- Cirrhosis and portal hypertension
- Liver and biliary tract carcinoma
- Metabolic and genetic liver diseases
- Health services research and economic analyses