Members interested in participating in the activities of the AGA Institute Council Clinical Practice Section should contact us at email@example.com. We are especially interested in increasing participation of junior investigators, clinicians and international members.
Mission Statement and FOCI
The mission of the AGA Institute Council Clinical Practice Section is to promote the optimum delivery of high quality, cost-effective gastrointestinal health care. Best practices will primarily be identified through cutting-edge research in areas such as epidemiology, population health screening, outcomes research, performance metrics, health economics, systematic reviews, practice management and medical education.
As reimbursement for health care in the U.S. moves toward pay for performance, the Clinical Practice Section is particularly interested in research that develops and validates measures of quality in the management of gastrointestinal diseases. This will be achieved by studies that examine the implementation of quality assurance programs in clinical practice, or assess the impact of various policy alternatives including benefits and potential unintended consequences.
Areas of focus
- Health care delivery and policy (practice, reimbursement, access to care, policy).
- Systematic reviews and meta-analysis.
- Health disparities and global health.
- Health economics (cost of illness, cost-effectiveness and health economic models).
- Medical education and training.
- Patient reported outcomes: inflammatory bowel disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease, functional disorders, etc.
- Performance metrics, process improvement and implementation science.
- Population health screening: colorectal cancer, esophageal cancer, hepatocellular carcinoma and other screenings.