Basic and Clinical Intestinal Disorders
Members interested in participating in the activities of the AGA Institute Council Basic and Clinical Intestinal Disorders Section should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are especially interested in increasing participation of junior investigators, clinicians and international members.
Mission Statement and FOCI
The Basic and Clinical Intestinal Disorders section represents a community of clinical, translational and basic scientists interested in disease-focused and pathway-driven processes underlying:
- Celiac disease and food intolerances.
- Radiation, chemotherapy, and hypoxia-induced injury and repair.
- Diarrhea, malabsorption and enteropathies.
- Microbial pathogenesis and mechanisms of microbe-host cross talk.
- Nutrient, solute, salt and water transport.
- Epithelial cell and molecular biology.
- Epithelial barrier function and wound repair.
- Epithelial functions in innate immunity and inflammation.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
The Basic and Clinical Intestinal Disorders section aims to foster collaboration among interactive scientific communities by featuring outstanding basic, translational and clinical research in these areas.