In this second session, multidisciplinary panelists Christina Ha, MD, FACG, AGAF, Maisa Abdalla, MMBS, MPH, Raymond Cross, MD, MS, AGAF, and Heidi Drescher, PA-C, will discuss how to achieve seamless adoption of biosimilars into your practice by building consensus within the multidisciplinary team and including key stakeholders throughout the adoption process. The panel will review:
- Who takes the lead?
- One-on-one meetings with each specialty.
- Identification of issues and concerns.
- Team meeting to reach consensus.
- Formulary approval.
- Trial period.
- Benefits of adoption of biosimilars.
Watch for the remaining three webinars coming soon:
- Part three: Integration of the patient perspective through shared decision making and patient counseling. June 23, 8 p.m. EDT
- Part four: Case studies demonstrating successful transition to a biosimilar. When and when not to switch to a biosimilar. Aug. 25, 8 p.m. EDT.
All sessions will also be available on-demand. If you missed the first session, “What We Know Today About Biosimilars“, you can access it in AGA University.
This four-part series focuses on how to integrate biosimilars into your clinical setting and address any patient concerns about switching therapies. Each activity is free and certified for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, 2.0 total.
This was developed in partnership with Medical Minds and supported by an educational grant from Pfizer, Inc.