The Senate Republican leadership unveiled an outline of their COVID-19 response legislation but have yet to reach agreement to finalize passage.
We are pleased that the package does include some of AGA’s priorities — thanks to AGA members contacting their members of Congress — including:
- Improved access to quality PPE
- Improved access to COVID testing
- Improvements and expansion to the Paycheck Protection Program
- Reduction of the interest rate and extension of repayment timeline for the Medicare
- Accelerated and Advanced Payment Program
- Continued expansion of telehealth
- Liability protections for physicians treating COVID
- $15.5 billion to supplement NIH for research disrupted by the pandemic
Please take a couple minutes to email your lawmakers using AGA’s easy online system. We have a message drafted — all you need to do is log in and press send.