Calling all AGA section members: seize the opportunity to work in a leadership role with the AGA Institute Council.
Elected section leaders will be at forefront of planning AGA’s invited-speaker sessions, and the original research podium and poster presentations at Digestive Disease Week® (DDW). Section leaders also spearhead AGA abstract selection for oral and poster presentation.
Nominations are due by 5 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2019, for the next cohort of section leaders who will plan these important aspects for AGA at DDW. Concerned about time constraints? Review a description of committee responsibility and quarterly expectations from section leaders (chairs and vice chairs).
The council is looking for new section leaders for seven of its 13 sections. All domestic members (U.S., Canada or Mexico) are welcome to run for both section vice chair and nominating committee positions. International members may run for nominating committee positions only.
- Basic & Clinical Intestinal Disorders (BCID)
- Clinical Practice (CP)
- Endoscopy, Technology & Imaging (ETI)
- Immunology, Microbiology & Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IMIBD)
- Liver & Biliary (LB): vice chair only
- Microbiome & Microbial Therapy (MMT)
- Obesity, Metabolism & Nutrition (OMN)