We are pleased to announce the 2023 AGA Postgraduate Course is accepting case studies to be presented by early career and trainee members through Jan. 10, 2023.
Held during DDW® 2023 on Saturday, May 6 from 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. in Chicago, Illinois, this course presents an incredible opportunity for up-and-coming GIs to present to an international audience of their peers and stand out on their CV. New this year, each breakout session will include one case study presented by an early career member and one case study presented by established faculty.
In addition to presenting at this prestigious event, chosen applicants will receive complimentary registration to the course, a $400 honorarium, a two-night hotel stay and reimbursement for travel expenses.
This opportunity is open to all AGA early career and trainee members who are within five years of graduation from a fellowship training program. Private practice GIs within five years of graduation are also eligible to apply. Additional details can be found on the submission website here.
Applicants may submit up to two case studies that must fit into one of the following topics:
- Challenging cases: Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Challenging cases: Pouchitis, primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) and extraintestinal manifestations (EIMs)
- C. difficile and FMT
- Challenging cases: Celiac and non-celiac gluten sensitivity
- Challenging cases with PPI therapy: Non-response to PPI therapy, managing patient concerns of PPI therapy
- Managing complications of anti-reflux surgery
- Gastroparesis: Have we made any progress?
- Chief complaint: Bloating
- Refractory liver disease: What do I do when my patient fails first-line therapy?
- Patient cases: HCC management in a rapidly evolving landscape
- Approach to patient with a biliary stricture
- Endoscopic approaches to obesity: for whom and when