The success of many GI practices relies on the synced coordination of physicians, nurse practitioners (NP) and physician assistants (PA). AGA’s Principles of GI for the NP and PA, to be held on Aug. 9-11, 2019, in Chicago, is the medical industry’s premiere course for advanced practice providers (APPs). Taught by clinical leaders from AGA and leading APPs to mirror real-life settings that lead to GI clinical success, the course is designed to empower NPs and PAs with learning that can be used immediately in their practice setting. Attendees who register by June 10 can save $150.
Recent attendees have said:
“Hear all of the thought leaders that specialize in gastroenterology come together in a local meeting specifically for advanced practice providers.”
“I am able to digest the information in a method that allows me to take the nuggets home and implement them immediately.”
“This course is a wonderful opportunity to remain up to date on the latest information in GI and network with other NPs and PAs working in the same area.”
Unlike other events designed to provide high-level overviews, Principle of GI for the NP and PA generates substantive learning nuggets that teach, train and empower APPs to become integral and valued members of their GI care teams. The 2019 course will focus on:
- Psychosocial treatments and their utility within GI.
- Diagnosis and treatment of H. pylori, including emerging concerns for antibiotic resistance.
- Cost-effective and pragmatic approaches to diagnosing irritable bowel syndrome.
- Appraising nutrition guidelines pertaining to GI.
- Summarizing the management of non-ulcer dyspepsia, including novel therapeutic approaches.
- Recognizing diagnosis criteria for esophageal motility disorders and interpretation of reflux testing.
Successful GI practices employ a team approach to providing excellent patient care and Principles of GI for the NP and PA helps APPs become vital players on their teams. Registrants can save $150 with early bird discounts through June 10.