Scientific publishing is an extremely competitive field that allows you to stay close to innovative research while remaining outside the lab bench.
Learn what it takes to succeed as a scientific editor and get ahead of the competition when you become an AGA Editorial Fellow. The deadline to apply for the 2021-2022 fellowship year is March 1, 2021.
Eight fellows will be selected for an immersive mentorship opportunity supporting one of the premier AGA journals — Gastroenterology, Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology (CGH), Cellular and Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology (CMGH) and Techniques and Innovations in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (TIGE).
What will you accomplish as an AGA fellow?
- Write up to two author contributions in an AGA journal.
- Identify the characteristics of well-conducted research and effective manuscripts by critically reviewing manuscripts.
- Get an exclusive 360-degree view of the publishing process from submission to post-publication promotion.
- Learn the roles of an editor, reviewer and publisher by shadowing an AGA editor and attending the journal editors’ meeting at virtual DDW® 2021.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of publishing fundamentals through a series of online modules.
View additional details and apply for an AGA Editorial Fellowship.