The IBD Parenthood Project offers learning activities and videos to support you in all aspects of caring for women with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) before, during and after their pregnancy.
Through the IBD Parenthood Project, AGA developed a clinical care pathway outlining the entire care process from preconception counseling through the postpartum phase. The pathway also provides guidance for the full spectrum of providers involved in the multidisciplinary care of these patients.
- The clinical care pathway will help you:
- Understand the roles of the entire care coordination team.
- Have guidance about counseling for genetic risk, fertility concerns and disease management.
- Provide a pregnancy plan that addresses nutrition, medications and monitoring.
- Provide a delivery plan.
- Provide a post-delivery plan to care for both mother and baby.
AGA, in conjunction with the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation and Girls With Guts, launched the IBD Parenthood Project to address misperceptions and fears women with IBD and their providers experience throughout all phases of family planning.